“THE NUTRITIONAL BANK AND VOCATIONAL FITNESS.”
“THE NUTRITIONAL BANK AND VOCATIONAL FITNESS.” SOUP KITCHEN offers around 600 soup daily, benefiting about 2,000 people a week, mainly the elderly and children, ensuring that they have at least one decent meal per day. This is not, however, a “soup of the poor”, but rather a strategy of building a basic social service alternative for the insertion and training (individuals and professionals) of individuals living in extreme poverty, in a context of social exclusion.
Identify (through soup), train and integrate less favored individuals into programmatic activities, aiming to promote skills so that they are able to contribute in a sustainable way, to satisfy their basic needs, and thus to emerge from a situation of social exclusion.
Instituições de apoio social (Centros de acolhimento de idosos e crianças), and streets of Maputo.
SCHEDULE – EVERY DAY
From 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The preparation – 14:00
First distribution – 16:30 – Centro de Apoio à Velhice de Lhanguene.
Second distribution – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – Street distribution
MASTER-CHEF SOLID SOUP is a Group volunteering initiative: colleagues, family and / or friends. Providing a moment of socialization and strengthening bonds of friendship and the spirit of helping with those closest to us. It is, at the same time, a moment of awareness and mobilization for responsible citizenship actions and, of the essence of our humanity … Solidarity. By building a bridge between the “social extremes”.
SOUP KITCHEN MASTER-CHEF takes place every Saturday from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., includes the preparation of soup and distribution to the beneficiaries of the initiative: Old Age Support Center and several points on the streets of the city.
Literacy Program (Spelling and Reading) for children from 1st to 8th Classes of public education, living in outlying districts of the city of Maputo.
✔ Improvement of the spelling and reading of children in public primary education. At the same time as it promotes writing and orality, the school seeks to balance their nutritional status by offering nutritious foods and promoting primary health care.
✔ This is also an occupational space, providing recreational and socio-pedagogical moments through games and other games, rescuing traditional family and community values.
Bairro dos Pescadores, Costa do Sol – Maputo.
TIMETABLE – Tuesdays and Thursdays
Mornings: 09:00 to 11:00.
Afternoons: 14:00 to 16:00.
Recreational, educational, itinerant space for fun and socio-pedagogical integration of needy children. Mainly, for the social inclusion of children living on and off the street.
✔ To create conditions for socialization among children, while promoting access to educational and recreational equipment and materials with a view to promoting literacy and artistic expression of disadvantaged children in a context of social exclusion.
Parks, gardens and other public and community spaces.
Wednesdays and Saturdays
09:30 to 11:00
A recreational and educationall socialization for children and mothers hospitalized in Pediatric hospitals, or in other institutions to support children.
✔ Improve the care of the hospitalized child and adolescent, within a humanistic vision in which the patient is seen as an integral being, who goes beyond the physical body, seeking to attend to their physical, psychic and social needs, facilitating the hospitalization process and treatment and at the same time provide a welcoming environment for children, promoting the continuity of the learning pace and alleviating the stress of internment of their mothers or companions.
It consists mainly of weekly sessions of activities of a playful and educational nature, sharing information for the well-being of children and their mothers through fun and socializing.
The Program Sessions include:
General Infirmary Diseases(Hemato-Oncology)
– Central Hospital of Maputo.
SCHEDULE – Monday to Friday
from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
It is a food production initiative, through the mobilization, encouragement and training of suburban residents who are deprived of their food self-sufficiency, in order to meet their needs and the needs of children from 3 to 17 years of age in their communities. Mainly, girls aged 6 to 17 who attend public primary education in Mozambique.
- Combat malnutrition, chronic malnutrition and illiteracy.
- Improve the performance and school retention of disadvantaged children, aged 6 to 17, living in slum neighborhoods.
- Contributing to the reduction of malnutrition and chronic malnutrition rates in Mozambique.
- It consists, essentially, in the daily attribution of a School Lunch composed by:
- 1 (one) soup;
- 1 (one) bread;
- 1 (one) juice/milk;
- 1 (one) fruit/fruit salad.
- In return, parents and educators should plant:
- 1 (one) fruit tree;
- 1 (one) shade tree;
- 1 (one) moringa;
- 1 (one) vegetable / vegetable bed.
It is an initiative that aims to enable the needy to produce and consume nutritious foods. It meets the needs of children ages 3 to 17 and girls ages 6 to 17 in public primary education.
Improve the physical and intellectual condition of children under 18 and assist in the economic and social development of the country.
It is a complementary initiative to the SOLIDARIA SOPA, and SOLIDARIA LANCHEIRA | The SCHOOL SCHOOL, designed for the economic and social inclusion of vulnerable individuals, with a greater focus on empowering women and girls, heads of households and caregivers.
This initiative is based on the recovery, collection, recycling and reuse of waste as an alternative for generating and / or diversifying income sources for the economic and social autonomy and self-sufficiency of families. Given the level of deprivation of most of the Mozambican population, the “valorization” of waste is a viable alternative to the creation of income sources and social inclusion of a large part of our population.
- Promotes the reduction of the impact of waste on the environment, through its “valorization”;
- Promotes and civil society awareness of waste reduction, separation and reuse;
- It promotes the participation of beneficiaries in the development of their own self-sufficiency processes and the creation of mechanisms for access to food for children, especially girls from 6 to 17 years old attending public primary education, living in slum neighborhoods, in Mozambique.
The BEIRA SOLIDARY HEART Mission is an initiative that aims to provide nutritious meals for children who attend schools, improve the availability and access of locally grown produce, employment opportunities, housing, sanitation and
hygiene education for areas most affected by IDAI Cyclone in rural communities in Sofala province, central Mozambique
To promote the development of self-reliant individuals capable of fulfilling their obligations, as well as demanding more from themselves, their families and communities, and actively collaborating in the economic and social development of the country.
Product development, value addition and trade links for rural individuals or groups of individuals, with a view to enhancing local culture and knowledge, creating opportunities for vocational and employment training and self-employment and diversifying sources of income. for disadvantaged families.
Our business-oriented approach seeks to achieve positive results across ten intervention vectors, which we consider fundamental:
- Improvement of the interconnection between the different stages of the manufactured production value chain;
- Identification of business potential, associative management and entrepreneurship;
- Rescue and cultural appreciation, literacy and non-formal education;
- Promotion of vocational vocational activities, social and economic integration;
- Improvement of institutional identity and capacity, professionalization of producers, resource and production management;
- Reinforcement of creative capacity, product development and / or improvement, product identity and image;
- Commercial representation and facilitation of distribution channels;
- Identification and facilitation of access to funding sources;
- Identification and facilitation of Public / Private, Private / Private
- Partnerships and technical partnerships with institutions or individuals with know-how and / or market;
- Establishment of participatory management funds – actions of responsibility and economic and social sustainability.
MAKOBO | SOLIDARY PLATFORM, IS THE BRIDGE FOR THE FUTURE AND SUSTAINABILITY OF THE “MOZAMBIQUE BRAND”: Its Human, Material, and Immaterial Capital.
An invitation to action, to sensitize people to take action, to get involved in this design for a world of equal opportunity for all – The Collaborative Platform.
Tel: +258 84 130 53 90
8h00 – 17H30